A. To accommodate the loading and unloading of vehicles, Loading zones are provided at residence halls. Parking may be permitted in certain no parking areas only if prior permission is obtained from the Parking and Transportation office (622-7275), or EKU Police Department (622-1111), and is limited to 15 minutes only. Fire lanes, reserved spaces, roadways, and handicapped spaces are not included.
B. Providing false information when applying for a parking permit or failure to report changes that would affect the status of your permit may result in revocation of University parking privileges and/or University disciplinary action.
C. Parking against the flow of traffic is prohibited.
D. Vehicles left unattended on a fire lane will be towed immediately.
E. It shall be the option of Eastern Kentucky University to
remove from campus or impound, at the owner’s expense,any vehicle for any of the following:
- Using University parking facilities without a valid permit.
- Parked in reserved spaces, reserved areas, or out of assigned parking zone.
- Parked in handicapped spaces without a proper parking permit.
- Parked in service spaces or loading zones.
- Parked in the traveled portion of the roadway or parking lot.
- Parked in front of fire hydrants or in emergency vehicle lanes
- Failing to pay parking citation fines.
- All tickets must be paid at the Student Accounting Office. SSB room 210.
Vehicles that are impounded on campus may be kept on campus for a maximum of two weeks. If a vehicle is not claimed or if written arrangements are not made with the Director of Parking and Transportation, the vehicle will be removed from campus and storage fees may be charged by the company storing the vehicle.
All tickets must be paid at Student Accounting Services, SSB room 210.