New Parking Software Program Coming to Campus
Dear EKU Campus Community,
We are excited to introduce a new change that will enhance parking services provided to Eastern students, faculty, staff and visitors. In Fall 2019, we will begin using a parking management system that will bring many streamlined features to your parking experience while at EKU. You will no longer be required to pick up and display a hanging parking permit - your vehicle license plate will soon serve as your parking permit which you can easily register yourself, online.
This new system will also allow individuals to register multiple vehicles, from any location with internet access, without having to come to the Parking Office. Some of the key benefits include:
- No more waiting in lines to get your parking permit or having to call the Parking Office.
- No need for a hang tag, your license plate will serve as your permission to park.
- The pay lots will be mobile app based through the ParkMobile parking app.
- No need to go to a machine and have to display a printed slip on your dashboard.
- You will be able to extend your time from your phone versus having to physically go to your vehicle.
- Campus residents will no longer have to take time and visit the Parking Office to obtain a visitor pass for their guest.
- Visitor passes will be accessible online through the new parking management software portal.
We respectfully request that vehicles park in a manner in which a license plate is visible to the traveled portion of the parking lot. Citations will not be issued for vehicles backed into spaces that are parked in the correct zones.
These changes will not be implemented until the beginning of the fall 2019 semester, however we want to keep you informed of the upcoming changes. Returning students will be notified this summer when the registration process for parking is open, along with instructions on how to register.
Current employees will automatically have their parking registration transferred over to the new parking management system and will only need to renew their parking permits before they expire in December of 2019.
Thank you in advance for your time and energies. Stay tuned for more information on how to register your vehicle(s). We look forward to providing improved and more efficient parking services to all drivers on our campus.
Parking & Transportation Services Team
Published on April 30, 2019