- To accommodate the loading and unloading of vehicles, Loading zones are provided at residence halls. Parking may be permitted in certain no parking areas only if prior permission is obtained from the Parking and Transportation office or EKU Police Department. Loading/unloading is limited to 15 minutes only. Fire lanes, reserved spaces, roadways, and handicapped spaces are not included as loading zones.
- Providing false information when applying for a parking permit or failure to report changes that would affect the status of your permit may result in revocation of University parking privileges and/or University disciplinary action.
- Parking against the flow of traffic is prohibited.
- Vehicles left unattended on a fire lane will be towed immediately.
It shall be the option of Eastern Kentucky University to remove from campus or impound, at the owner’s expense, any vehicle for any of the following:
- Using University parking facilities without a valid permit.
- Parked in reserved spaces, reserved areas, or out of assigned parking zone.
- Parked in handicapped spaces without a proper parking permit.
- Parked in service spaces or loading zones.
- Parked in the traveled portion of the roadway or parking lot.
- Parked in front of fire hydrants or in emergency vehicle lanes
- Failing to pay parking citation fines.
Vehicles that are impounded on campus may be kept on campus for a maximum of two weeks. If a vehicle is not claimed or if written arrangements are not made with the Director of Parking and Transportation, the vehicle will be removed from campus and storage fees may be charged by the company storing the vehicle.
All tickets are payable online for 15 days. After 15 days, they must be paid at Student Accounting Services, SSB room 210.